The CILIP Conference brings together library and information professionals from across the profession from academic to public and health to government. By attending the conference you will have the opportunity to listen, discuss and debate key issues with fellow professionals, and leave feeling inspired and passionate about the work that you do.
“I gained a renewed sense of purpose and enthusiasm for the library profession, and some positive ideas to help enhance my employability in both the long and short term.” – 2016 conference delegate
You will have the opportunity to meet with colleagues old and new, and also build relationships and connections across the industry in a friendly and welcoming setting.
“I gained a wider insight into other sectors of the library and information world, and got to talk to librarians from different sectors. I saw the problems that others encountered, as well as gaining some insights for my own sector.” – 2016 conference delegate
Our combination of inspiring keynote speakers, practical workshops, knowledge sharing and networking are just some of the reasons why professionals from across the sector visit the CILIP Conference. By attending you will be contributing to your continued professional development too, and you can discover new skills that will have a positive impact on your role as an information professional.
“CILIP Conference has been the best conference I have been to in terms of my own CPD. It has challenged me to an extent that I’m questioning some of my core beliefs about what it means to be a librarian.” – 2016 conference delegate
Our line up of keynote speakers will not only inspire you, but show you what we can do as a profession when it really matters. The conference sessions are delivered by speakers from across the profession.
“I really enjoyed the variety of sessions, which introduced me to new things but also showed similarities between sectors. I also enjoyed meeting people from different libraries at different stages of their career.” – 2016 conference delegate
Here are just some of the reasons why people come to the CILIP Conference:
- Stay in touch with Library and Information Professionals from across a wide range of sectors
- Share experiences, advice and best practice with colleagues
- Make new connections, have in-depth face to face meetings, and network with like-minded professionals
- Hear from the great line up of high profile keynote speakers that will inspire and motivate
- Take away key messages from the conference themes that are relevant to all information professionals
- Contribute towards your own CPD by attending sessions, speaking to other professional and hearing from the latest suppliers
- Discover ways of improving current practices
- Attend focused workshops to develop your own skills
- Find out about the work CILIP have done over the last twelve months and also meet our Special Interest Groups
- Get involved – ask questions, talk to our speakers, meet the CILIP team, find out the latest from your community
- Have fun! Our drinks reception is ideal for networking in relaxed, informal surroundings.
We look forward to welcoming you to Manchester in 2017.